I have five days of work planned on the estate between 22nd and 26th June or 1st July to 7th July, mainly comprising of:
- Tree Felling, delimbing, logging and burning,
- Tree pollarding and reducing,
- Digging out and removal of tree stumps (with excavator),
- Ground clearance and grading (with excavator),
- Demolishing derelict outbuildings and removing foundations (with excavator),
- Installing some woody debris structures and soft engineering structures in the river channel,
- Gravel cleaning and raking in the river channel.
I am looking for one person to give me some assistance during the five days, which would ideally suit an agriculture / fisheries / conservation / estate management student looking for some experience of this type of work. I can’t offer any accommodation for the period, but will happily offer some remuneration to the right person. Experience of working around excavators, agricultural vehicles and chainsaws would be beneficial. CS30 (or more) chainsaw certification and own chainsaw / PPE also beneficial. Common sense, good work ethic and a sense of humour required!
Please drop me an email to ACountryChap@outlook.com for further details as soon as possible.